Monday 13 August 2012

Snack Break - with Ants!


I was having a pretty good day after a morning of rest, so for afternoon tea I made the kids peanut butter crackers with sultanas/ants on top - they squealed and (warily) loved them! I even made a tray of roast chick peas, Lily's favourite snack. And that, my friends, is the most cooking I have done (apart from toast) in the last few months of sickness. Seriously.

It was nice to be able to provide a slightly interesting snack and just observe and chat with my quirky little kiddos. They are such tough and resilient little things - and I am glad I made the most of this window of wellness, as the next day was absolutely wretched!


Mummy, should we really be eating these ants!?

E cutting very diligently at his banana

The girl loves to slice and dice!

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about being in the midst of sickness- we have had it bad here too, and it's nice as we come out of the fog to capture these lovely moments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Talia! Yes im pregnant with our 3rd (yay) but have been very sick for the last 3 months or so (not so yay) - my pregnancies are rough but slowly getting better at last - sorry ur family has been sick too!

      Delete
  2. oh yummy, they look delicious. Well done you for being so creativity with the little energy you have. I am still in awe of what you, your hubby and your babies are achieving while going through this. So much strength in one little family. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks Belinda! well, we have been just getting by - doing better some days than others - its definitely been a struggle at times but we know its just a season and so worth it in the end! enjoying having bursts of feeling better - the challenge now is not to over do it and make myself worse!

      Delete

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx