Thursday 30 August 2012

Asleep in my arms...

My little man had a bad cold. Sniffly and sad and just not his usual cheery self. Lily was at school, I was trying to rest in bed and he was alternating watching Playschool, playing with toys and reading with me in bed. I decided to offer him a big cuddle, and so snuggled him into bed with me, my big and busy two-year old boy, patting his little back. Before I knew it, he was asleep at only 11am! I couldn't believe it as he never falls asleep like that!!! Poor little tyke must have been worn out.

Well, what can I say... this surprising sleepy snuggle was delicious!

Just so sweet to have him in my arms and peacefully slumbering....

Yes, my arm was losing circulation, and I was indeed trapped and wondering if I would starve!!

However, it was too good an opportunity to just cherish my little man and of course I didn't dare wake him! By a miracle, my camera was on my bedside table and so I managed to one-handedly snap a few little photos! Oh, and he is wearing his massive coat that his heart was just set on wearing for the entire day - funny boy.

He slumbered till the cruel phone rang and awoke him!




 

 

My trapped but happy arm!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh that first photo is SO sweet! How special. How lucky you had your camera close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is wonderful. I am so sad he is sniffly but you have all made the best of the situation and made documentation of the delight of snuggles. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious set of photos. The first one is so BEAUTIFUL. Hope little E is feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lil man! Kids look so sweet when they're asleep! p.s. that jacket looks familiar... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know - so angelic huh!! this jacket is one i bought 2nd hand but i do have another very similar brown jacket w hood - more of a sort of canvas material - i think it might have been Baileys?!

      Delete

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx