Tuesday 20 November 2012

Baby Belly Kisses!

I was laying in bed this afternoon as I was not feeling too well. The kids were rolling around in bed with me and of course partaking in their usual activity of kissing, poking, singing, cooing and chatting to their unborn brother. This baby is going to well and truly know the voices of its two devoted siblings! 

'Mummy, I really, really, really love our new baby' Lily has been telling me frequently and earnestly of late.

I have no doubt!

Thankfully, I managed to capture some images of a precious trio already building what I hope and pray will be a lifelong friendship and bond. 


Sweet, sweet kisses from Big Sister 


Double the love xx


The littlest one was definitely interacting in the play - you may not my stomach changing shape (though not as crazily
as it often does!) throughout these photos...

Lily goes in for the tickle...

Precious, loving, little hands building a bond with their new best friend!

Poke. Poke. Poke. (Thanks Eli)


Heyyooooo, babeeeeeee!!



Cickle, Cickle!!


10 comments:

  1. Oh Kate these shots are absolutely adorable. I love that they are of you AND you were able to capture them yourself - no self timer/remote timer needed! ;)
    They are so precious, little hands on a beautiful belly.
    You are so right this baby is going to be SO loved.

    P.S. Tonight when we were going over our day Finn asked:
    "Mummy, how long until Kate's baby is born?"
    "Me: "In about two months."
    F: (looooong silence) "Awww, I just can't wait until then!"
    So your baby boy is even highly anticipated by family friends too :)
    ........oh and after that Finn and I had a lengthy discussion about birth centres and their role in the whole maternity system. True story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amber - yeah worked out nicely that i could just lay down and snap away - once i worked out to move to Manual focus as it just would not focus/click otherwise! how adorable is finn that he is so excited for our baby!! he is welcome to cuddle as much as he likes :) wanna hear more about the birth centre chat next week - how awesome!

      Delete
  2. Are you kidding me? These are awesome! Super duper huge pat on the back clever-photographer-lady!
    I have an awful tummy button phobia, (gag) but I LOVE these, so there you go. THAT'S how good they are. Love, love love.
    Also, I'm not sure how, but those children of yours just get more and more adorable. It's wonderful to hear how much they are looking forward to their new sibling. Also, those first two shots of them kissing your tummy? Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thanks tarnya - high praise especially from YOU!!!! LOL at the belly button phobia!!!!! yes i did think it felt a bit weird to be putting up pics of my weird belly button but swallowed my pride and hoped focus would be on the cute kids, haha! these two are characters indeed. wonder what kind of character this new one will be!

      Delete
  3. No words can express how beautiful these photos are. Genuine love from your two beautiful children towards their soon to be baby brother. Immense love of these photos that you will be able to treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee! I totally noticed how your belly changed shape! That bubba in the oven will be a lively one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERIOUSLY - the gymnastics this kid does is OUT OF CONTROL. im sure my other two were not like this - huge pokes and kicks and punches - feels like he is trying to claw his way out sometimes!!!! :)

      Delete
  5. Such sweet shots, Kate. I especially like that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kate, these are such beautiful photographs. Hope you are feeling a little better x
    (happy weekend)

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx