Monday 30 July 2012

Sweet friends like these...

A sweet little friend popped over to exchange 4th birthday gifts with our little Lily. Within minutes, these two were suitably attired in pink dresses, and after a quick bite of afternoon tea, spent the rest of their time creating a madly, wonderfully mixed-up little world in a magical kingdom called Kansas!

They got up to all kinds of princess-y adventures in their fantasy world... four-year-old friendships are just the cutest!




PS. I cannot BUH-LIEVE I forgot to mention on here that I was greatly honoured to do a guest post on the stunning blog of the woman who started this whole Documenting Delight project!! I would love if you checked it out at Gregarious Peach and be sure to take some time to stroll on through her other magical images... she is so talented!

6 comments:

  1. These little princess girls are so so cute... and their dresses... simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's the cutest, reminds me of me and my bestie at this age - we had so much fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet picture! Happy birthday to your darling Lily! So funny that their magical kingdom is called Kansas...lol (did they get that from the Wizard of Oz?) I just drove through Kansas on my way back from my grandfather's funeral...even posted a pic on my blog on Jul 23. While they do have some nice sunflower fields, it's really not that magical. Don't tell the girls though!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heehee yep faith, definitely Kansas cos of Wizard of Oz... lily is obsessed with it right now - that and Sound of Music! heehee yes i think lily thinks Kansas looks more like Oz!!!!

      Delete
  4. Kate, I loved your post over at gregarious peach. I think your photos are brillant and totally capture the essence of your gorgeous family. I also love to read the stories behind your pictures, because your attitude to parenting is just so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx