Friday 13 July 2012

Dining out... as one does... when three!

Quick, Mummy, I have to goooooo.......!

Our extended family was partaking in a Christmas in July feast at a restaurant in town...perfect in our wintery city. We were all booked to go, but had to pull out due to my pregnancy sickness.... such a shame as the only thing I like more than a hearty hot Christmas dinner is hanging out with all the family! However, my parents offered to take Lily, our little social butterfly, along with them.

Needless to say, she was thrilled at the suggestion, dolling up in her finery including handbag of course (which contained all manner of bizarre treasures that she somehow collates). Giddy with excitement at the idea of a grown-up outing at a restaurant, she could not stop hopping around and hanging at the door awaiting her ride. Off she merrily trotted with my parents..... I mean, is this kid three or 23?!

The sweetest and funniest thing was seeing her Daddy get all sentimental to see his precious daughter head out, so grown up and independent (I mean, she can't clip up seat belt yet, but you know what I mean). He kept mentioning her, fretting all night - Do you think she is ok? Do you think people are looking after her? I hope no one is teasing her! (??!!!). Of course she was being well looked after by my parents not to mention doted on by the rest of the family and without doubt the centre of attention and having the time of her life.

And yet, her Daddy fretted. So cute.

Needless to say, by all reports, our little lady had a blast, chatting with all the family, boogeying on the dance floor to the live band (and standing there crest-fallen whenever the band took a break, for which the bandleader apologised personally, haha!). Yes, she partied with the best of them and did not get home till 11pm. Truly. Didn't realise I would so soon need to set a curfew!!

Is this my tiny baby girl? Almost four and almost out the door?? No sirree. A fun little peak into life but she is ours for a good while longer!! But oh, the adventures she has...

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx