Monday 11 June 2012

Happy News!

Photo by Amber Kite of We Stood Together


Yes, we are so very thrilled and grateful to share that we are expecting a new little baby to join our clan!

Three kids?! Yes really... Are we mad??! Only time will tell, I guess! We are so happy and thankful for this blessing, as well as a tad nervous about being outnumbered by the munchkins in our home! This is (as far as we are planning!) the final little piece of our family jigsaw puzzle, and so I plan to completely soak up this last pregnancy/birth/babyhood as much as I can.

So forgive me for oversharing like a giddy first time Mama but hey... every baby is just as miraculous and hey, what's a blog for if not for over-sharing, amiright??!

We had an early ultrasound just to confirm the dates (we are due late January 2013). Here is that precious little heartbeat, pumping strong! (The video seems to be showing up really small but the yellow arrow points to the heart beat)




This already-beloved baby is only 7 weeks old (well, really only formed in 5 weeks) and yet... look! The little head, the teeny body, kicking legs - all in total measuring a mere 9.2mm. And contained within, incredibly, a little heart fiercely pumping with life, and love and purpose. I mean...wow... the miracle of life huh! What an incredible creation we are...


Little Jellybean... head to the right, little tootsies kicking up on the left

Now, I have to say, it is almost worth having another kid just for the absolute fun and joy it is to tell their older siblings! I have been sooooo excited to tell Lily in particular. Eli at almost 2 is, well, about as interested as he can comprehend (he shouts BABY! every now and then to show his approval), but Lily is so much older now (she was almost two when Eli was born) so I was just dying to tell her the news about her new baby sibling and see her reaction...

Suffice to say it was pretty priceless! After our bed time story (1975 Little Golden Book classic 'The New Baby' no less!) I just could hardly wait to tell my sweet girl the happy news and you can check out her stunned reaction here.... (please excuse Eli's rather tired pre-bed behaviour!)...




I couldn't stop laughing at her shock, and her non-stop questions since then. She is so excited and constantly talking about how happy she is, and how much she loves the new baby. Frequently asking me what the baby is doing now, how I am feeling, and so on! Bless her... it is going to be such sweet joy to see her experience this journey with me, my little supportive companion.

So... that about wraps it up, I just wanted to share the happy news with the blogosphere! As it is still early days I hope you will join me in praying for a healthy and strong baby and continued pregnancy. God has blessed us so richly to be pregnant again - something I don't ever want to take for granted and something that seems even more poignant the third time around.


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Psalm 193.13-14


Baby, before we even know you, we love you. We love you and we cannot wait to welcome you into our family... Keep growing big and strong, tiny one!

24 comments:

  1. Oh Kate! I am so excited and happy for you and mark and your two little munchkins who will be the best big brother and sister:))))) having 3 is certainly a handful but so rewarding and fun when you see them together! Love the ugh boot photo and I will definitely be praying for the continued growth and well being of your little peanut:) oh and ofcorse hope that you don't suffer to much sickness - ooh how wonderful:) my4boysandme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! i am definitely taking inspiration from other mama's of three right now :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT! I am so thrilled for you and your family Kate and so excited to share this journey along with you!

    You need to You Tube that video, Lily's face was priceless! I don't think she quite knew what to make of this news but great to see how excited she was at the end! It will be a long 7 months for her waiting for this precious sibling to arrive.

    P.S. Sooooo glad to see you're having #3, I was beginning to feel a little weird for even considering it haha, everyone seems to be stopping at 2 around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks andrea! yes we are excited too and yeah Lilys reaction was pretty adorable! she has not stopped talking about it since, its so cute. Yeah on the #3 - i feel the same, pretty much all my friends are stopping at 2!! c'moooon, i need more ppl to join the 3 club w me so we can all try to survive it together ;)

      Delete
    2. haha, we're working on it ;)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! So lovely to read. God has blessed you do much and I will pray for everything to continue along perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your whole family! That was such a great idea to video the reaction. It looks like you are going to have one very enthusiastic little helper on your hands :-) Can't wait to watch this new little one grow and am also extremely interested in how 3 children goes. We plan on 3 one day but sometimes 1 seems like too much! All the best and hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay please join the 'three' club :) i know at one kid it seems so overwhelming but one by one you will get there - and esp once the baby gets older it all seems a LOT more doable! thanks for your well wishes!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! How very exciting! That video is the sweetest thing, what a great little memento to show them in years to come. Look forward to following your journey on the road to a family of five! Best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO exciting, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Kate! Read your blog every day and love seeing your family do life! What a blessing number 3 is! I was thinking the other day "I wonder if Kate will have a third" and there you go! I was 6 when my brother was born, loved being that old as I loved playing mini mum to him. Youll have lots of help with Lily no doubt! Prayers for a blessed pregnancy coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! yes i think lily will be a doting mini mum for sure :) i will appreciate the help! thanks for your prayers too x

      Delete
  8. Congratulations Kate, I can truly understand your emotions, we had a moment this month when we thought we were expecting our third and even though we had only ever planned for 2 I was giddy with excitement. It wasn't to be and sense has prevailed, no third for me (for many reasons) but I will be eagerly watching your progress and waiting for pics of your new bub in December/January :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. belinda, what a rollercoaster of emotions for you guys!! well, if 3 is not for your family, you can vicariously enjoy a 3rd through mine - much less work that way ;) thanks for sharing in our joy xx

      Delete
  9. love this so much (but you knew that already :) ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful news Kate! I love this post. It is so true, how precious and miraculous is LIFE! If/when we have number three I know too that it will be our last (planned) child. I too want to relish in the pregnancy, labour, birth and life of a special third child. I cannot wait to follow your journey. Xx Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh how exciting - look fwd to your turn coming :) yes its fun to soak up that 'last time around'

      Delete
  11. Oh Kate! Such sweet news. Congratulations to your little family. I too was dreadfully sick so you have my full sympathy. Sounds like your little (& big) people are looking after you. Although it's awful being so I'll it's hard not to feel the joy & hope that goes along with carrying a wee one. Looking forward to hearing more about the journey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Kate and family, such wonderful news! 3ove to catch up with you soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photo with the 3 pairs of shows, what a clever way to announce a new baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,

    Th8is is my first time reading your blog but I wanted to say congratulations! I am expecting my sixth (that seems amazing to type) baby in January too! We are all very excited! When the new baby comes I will have 6 aged 7 and under.....a wonderful blessing but busy times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi katherine, thanks for reading and WOW - 6?!! Now I feel encouraged to handle a mere 3 ;) Very cool we will both have little summer babies!

      Delete
  15. Angela Welsh Mccord9 July 2012 at 08:49

    I'm too behind on so many of friend's beautiful lives and the great things happening...congradulations! Your family is beyond precious!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx