Monday 9 October 2017

38.52 ...A family day by the river



It was a public holiday and I was just itching to get out of the house and spent a little time connecting with nature and my family. Life has been a little too hectic of late, for my liking!

We packed up a simple picnic and our new (huge!) picnic mat and took off to explore a new trail by the river not too far from our house. For locals, FYI, it's the Murrumbidgee River Discovery Trail which starts from the Kambah Pools. I couldn't believe we had never been there before!!! A simply beautiful area, I highly recommend it..

We first went for an hour long hike along the Discovery Trail. it was truly idyllic. Mark and I just kept taking deep breaths, sighing and smiling as we walked along the trail. It just felt soooooooo good, so refreshing and so grounding to be out in nature together! The kids alternately went racing along the track to explore or were strolling along by our sides, chattering away. We spotted birds, soaked in the mountain views, observed wombat holes, explored burnt out trees and watched a trail of ants. Out here, together, all the worries and stresses of life just seemed to melt away.

After our long walk, the little legs (and big legs, let's be honest!) were rather ready for a rest. We set ourselves up to relax for the rest of the morning by the river. It was so nice to just find a quiet space where we could just soak up the tranquillity and refuel with a few snacks. However, before too long, the kids were down in the river beds, wading in the water and digging channels in the sand. They don't need long to recover!? Hubby and I enjoyed watching them for a while, as he dozed and I read. 

It was just a few hours out of the house but it was such a recharge. How thankful I am for days like these, making memories, connecting with and in nature, just being together!

These are precious times, of this I have no doubt.



Grubby feet are always a sign of a good time....



When we head out for a picnic, I like to throw a few books in for the kids  as well as the adults. The perfect way to take a little quiet time out in the fresh air before jumping up for another play. If you know me, you know it's never a bad idea to squeeze in a little more reading! And it heightens the chance I get to read some of my own book too ;) 



Mark always squeezes in a power nap whenever possible....





I just have to say a huge thank you to Recycled Mats for sending me the beautiful Reconciliation Mat pictured, as a gift. Truth be told, I have been eyeing off these gorgeous mats online and on Instagram for aaaaages!!! So was beyond thrilled to be sent one. It is amazzzzzzing, is it not?! I'm in love :)

Finally, a mat that is big enough for our whole family to stretch out on - this one is 3x3 metres. It's soft and comfy, fairly waterproof, and easy to just hose off any mess too! I also love so much about this company's approach - recycling millions of plastic items that would otherwise be headed for landfill, and employing Indigenous artists to create many of their stunning mat designs. So much to love! Frankly, I am just so excited for this beautiful mat to accompany our tribe on many more outdoor adventures!



This beautiful Reconciliation Mat was gifted to me by Recycled Mats. No additional payment was made and all opinions shared are 100% my own. I only share about products that I truly love and use!


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx