Wednesday 9 July 2014

eli // finally fantastically four





When chatting to a group of Lily's friends at the school sports carnival a few weeks ago, they compared ages as kids tend to do. When asked how old he was, Eli looked woefully at the ground and said 'Sadly.... I'm still three.'

Suffice to say, turning four was an eagerly anticipated milestone for our middle man ;)





Oh Eli, three was a big year for you. You had your share of challenges, a rollercoaster of ups and downs, but somehow, your enthusiasm and joy for life has never waned. You have bounced your way through the year, with your unstoppable energy, your tender heart, your affectionate ways and devotion to your family - all things we love about you.

I am always in awe of your big heart. You are such a sweet hearted and caring boy. You are so affectionate and thoughtful. You love to help me and others. You love to get involved. Life will not pass you by, I have no fear of that! You are so brave, so quick to assist. You feel everything amplified. Not to mention personality in spades! Flawless comic timing and always up for a laugh in every possible situation (you can't even go to bed without moonwalking there). Joy abounds in your little body, so much so that you literally cannot be still. While this can be a teensy bit exhausting for the rest of the family, I know this energy is going to be poured into so many good things in your life. God has good plans for you, my beloved son. I am always amazed at how you care deeply for others and your connection to your family seems to run deeper than most. You are the first to leap from your seat to rescue a dropped sippy cup for Miles. To race to the door to smother Daddy in 'kisses and cuggles' before he leaves for work (you are totally devastated if you miss out on doing this, in which case we must call him so you can kiss the phone and rub the phone on your shirt for a cuggle). You joyfully suggest family 'cuggles'/singing a song/reading/doing a puzzle 'together as a family' and so on. You love to be close, you thrive on one on one time, you soak up everything life has to offer you... an insatiable thirst it seems!

I pray fervently that I will learn to parent you well, and to nurture your abundant spirit. A gentle heart wrapped up in a whirlwind body... my son, you've got it all. There is something about you, and your genuine nature - nothing is calculated, it all flows out from your innocent heart. The sweet things you say melt my heart like no one else because they are completely guileless, completely authentic. Pure love and good intentions. How blessed I am to be so adored by such a dear little boy, how blessed I am to see you loving all those around you. You are so funny, so charming, so loving and so lovable. You are abundantly loved.



Arrrrrr, I'm FOUR!
The boy with one thousand expressions....
He keeps saying to me 'Mummy, am I really not three any more?' I guess he still can't quite believe it - FOUR!




Only God knows what the world has in store for you, but I have no doubt you have so much to give to the world - with truth, honour and enthusiasm. Thank you for bringing your passion and spirit to our family.We would be lost without our middle man. I love you bunches, my little Tiger xx




I mean, seriously, this face!!!! Those lips need a good smooch :)



Likes 

Lego, jumping on the trampoline, riding his bike, playing with his siblings, running, reading books, his toy Bee (warmed up), puzzles, wrestling, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (the novel, the audio book, movie, the making-of book, the making of-DVD, etc!), snuggling on my lap.

Dislikes

Waking up from naps, loud sudden noises, being laughed at (when he is not trying to be funny).





An Interview with Eli 

What are you going to be when you grow up?
I want to be a Spiderman

What’s that going to be like?
It's going to be like a cape, a shirt and Spiderman pants

What are your favourite toys?
puzzles and bumblebee

Who are your best friends?
dad, mummy, miles and bumblebee and lily

What makes you happy?

When Bumble bee gets warmed up, he makes me happy.

(FYI: Bumblebee is a wheatbag soft toy, so E loves for me to heat him up in the microwave at night for snuggling in bed!)

What makes you sad?
When Lily shut the door into my finger 
(Mum's note: this was an accident!!!)

When you dream at night, what do you dream about?
i dream about a cat doing a silly thing to me, like try to scratch me 

What do you like to do with Daddy?
playing Lego

What do you like to do with Mummy?
Watching a show with her

What do you like to do with Lily?
Jump on the trampoline

What do you like to do with Miles?
Catch a ball with him

What’s your favourite colour?
Green and blue

What’s your favourite book?
The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe

What does Daddy do during the day?
Locks up the chickens w me 

What does Mummy do during the day? 
Watch me have cake 
(??!! - I think he is talking about getting to eat his leftover birthday cake today)

What do you do during the day?
jump on the trampoline

It's good to be four because.....
It makes me laugh and play!! 
(He then gives me a demonstration, dancing and singing 'I'm four!!')



Four years of Mr E... 



1 comment:

  1. So unbelievably gorgeous and all the words are true about your wonderful FOUR year old ("Sadly I'm still three"- killed me!)
    The way you are able to neatly summarise Eli's character just shows how well you are ALREADY parenting him. You are doing it now, all the time. And he is so lucky to have you by his side to guide him and nurture his mind, spirit and body. He will do great things, especially with that kind heart of his. I don't think I have ever met a child whose kindness and love for others shines so brightly. It's completely uninhibited and lovely in every possible way. We all love him over here in the Kite household. How could you not? :)
    Super cute photos too. Love the variety of expressions! What a crack up!

    ReplyDelete

i love to hear your thoughts, thanks for leaving your comments! xx